Here at Luxurious British Shorthair, we specialized in rare and exotic healthy quality BRITISH SHORTHAIR. We strive to pair our clients with their perfect Kitten soul mate. By owning and caring for our babies we know the connection and joy that British Shorthair give to their new parents. British Shorthair lives to please and love their owners by just being their happy energetic naturally funny selves. All Kittens come with a 2-year health guarantee against any life-threatening illness. Producing a healthy and sound Kitten is Luxurious British Shorthair’s main priority. Our main goal is to make sure our babies will be taken good care of by their new parents so we also do background checks to assure that they will always be kept in a safe environment. We will not hesitate to refuse any buyer if we feel that they are unfit or will not provide a good home for our babies. Feel free to browse the website and see which one of these babies you need, also reach out and connect with us!!! Thanks for stopping by and we welcome you to call or e-mail us if you have any questions.
Our Kitten is registered under WCF (World Cat Federation) and controlled by our human owner, who loves us deeply, treats us as part of the family, and is a very affectionate owner and responsible breeder. We live in her house along with her human family (having a human baby girl that we like to cuddle and sleep with) and her dog, Alice, a small-sized rescued poodle who drives us crazy from licking and kissing.
We have undertaken blood tests from the vet for the diseases FIV/FeLV and we are all negative. Also, we had DNA tests for genetic diseases and we are PKD, PK-Def, rdAc-PRA, and GSDIV clear. Of course, our mum takes us to the vet for our annual check-ups and we are additionally examined with ultrasounds and echos for PKD and HCM as well. In case you are interested in one of our kittens, please contact us with all the relevant details.
Common Health Issues
While British Shorthairs are generally healthy cats, it’s essential to be aware of potential health issues. Some common concerns include:
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
Regular vet checkups, a balanced diet, and routine exercise can help prevent or manage these conditions.
In addition to the initial cost of purchasing or adopting a British Shorthair, there are ongoing expenses to consider. These may include:
- Food and treats
- Litter and litter box supplies
- Veterinary care, including vaccinations, dental cleanings, and routine checkups
- Toys and enrichment
- Grooming supplies
- Pet insurance (optional)
Factors Affecting Shedding in British Shorthairs
- Age: Younger cats typically shed less than older ones.
- Nutrition: A balanced diet can help reduce shedding and promote a healthy coat.
- Health: Underlying health issues may lead to increased shedding.
- Season: Shedding is more common during the spring and fall when cats shed their seasonal skins.
Tips for Managing Shedding in British Shorthair Cats
- Regular grooming: Brushing your cat at least once a week helps remove loose hair and prevents matting.
- Balanced diet: Provide your cat with high-quality, age-appropriate food to support healthy skin and coat.
- Hydration: Ensure your cat can access clean water to promote overall health.
- Monitor for health issues: Regular vet checkups help detect and address health concerns contributing to shedding.